09 August 2014

.308 or 7.62x51mm NATO

An important consideration.

Which one is your rifle chambered for?

If you built your gun from a surplus kit, you're probably running the 7.62x51mm NATO chamber.  There are a lot of kit built FAL's out there not to mention the BM59s, G3s, CETMEs...

My DSA made FAL has a .308 chamber.  They mention it several times in the booklet and it's on their web page.

Springfield Armory says "7.62x51mm NATO (.308 Win)."  Well, which one?

PTR says ".308 or 7.62 NATO".  Does that mean I get a choice?

This also gets me to wondering how many kits were put together with .308 headspace gauges instead of the correct 7.62, because that difference will matter a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.