09 May 2006

Barely Suppressed Rage

After watching some footage of the protesters being drowned out by the rumble of Harleys I was reminded of a thought.

Gods I want people like Phelps to just drop dead.

So, I have a proposal. Just make the invited guests of a funeral not responsible for their behavior. Temporary insanity brought on by grief? It could work.

Phelps is brave because he knows that there is nothing the mourners can really do. Until he finds a mourner who doesn't care about the consequences as long as Fred dies. Only going to take a few times before the fun wears off for the protestors. And I, for one, PRAY that I am on the jury that is charged with determining guilt of the counter-protester. "I'd love to convict him, but he violated rules #1 and #2. He was being careless, and Darwin was watching."

For the curious, those are Niven's Laws. #1 Do not piss off people with guns. #2 Do not stand near people violating rule #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.