19 April 2007

Sadness

I was sitting here today thinking.

I went through a lot of effort to stay in touch with a couple of people I knew from Iowa. A few have been kind enough to stay back in touch with me.

I think that zero calls since I moved here is a hint, huh?

CRM, I am looking at you. I stopped by every time I was in Ames to stay in touch. We've sent change-of address and change of contact information every time its changed. We invited you and your wife to our wedding.

You didn't bother to reply even once, did you? Didn't drive the eight whole miles to Nevada to see the wedding.

What I want to know, is what did I do wrong?

All I can think of is that I am a gun owner. Your distancing yourself from me seems to stem directly from my standing up to JS (and winning the debate) over the gun thing. It that it?

If it is, what a demonstration of liberal tolerance! You alienated the only one in the group who dared to be different. Ironically the gun-toting conservative didn't have an issue with your being gay. I guess conservative tolerance is more tolerant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.