12 April 2007

A Confrontation

Recently I was taken to task for not putting my ass on the sharp end if I felt so strongly about the war.

In Sep 1990 I was separated from the US Army on a medical discharge. I broke my leg so badly that not only would rehabilitation take longer than I left in my enlistment, but I was ruled permanently disabled by the injury.

As of September 12, 2001 the VA refused to recategorize me as fit for service. The following April, when the company I was working for went bankrupt, the VA still ruled that I am unfit physically for service. They have confirmed that there is a small stress riser in my right tibia that will cause another break if subjected to the loads the Army would put it under. One of the bone fragments from the original injury is not where it started.

In draft terms I am either 4-A or 4-F.

The recruiters really wanted me too. Prior service, college, supervisory experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.