21 June 2009

Iran

One of the disadvantages of not watching the MSM news is being late to the party about what's going on sometimes.

The elections in Iran are today's example.

Had I been aware of the protests earlier, I would have mentioned my wholehearted support of the protestors and my fervent hope that their guy, Mousavi, replaced Ahmadinejad as president.

As I became aware of the protests, I grew to hope that the popular movement would turn to something that would topple the Imams that really run the Islamic Republic of Iran.

It would seem that it has, or was about to, because the Iranian government has started shooting.

I could link to the horrifying video of a young woman dying after being shot while protesting. I won't. Search for "Neda Video" and you'll likely find it. Micelle Malkin has it on her site, for now. Rott has it on his, for now.

I support the end of the Islamic Theocracy in Iran. I support the people making the attempt.

I admit I am coming to this late. What I would like to know is why the leader of the free world, our president, someone who is paid to keep up with international events where I am not, did not throw in his (our) support for our fellow travelers seeking freedom a week ago when these events started to unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.