22 November 2006

Quotes And Rants

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”—Samuel Adams

Building on that thought. I wish to be counted as Mr Adams' countryman, I would have taken arms against the crown. I may yet have to put my proverbial money where my mouth is on this score. I pray not.

But I would like to address those who would forge those light chains.  DO NOT EXPECT ME TO THANK YOU FOR MAKING SURE THAT THE CHAINS ARE LIGHT!  My problem is that you have chained me, not that they are too heavy.  ALL chains are too heavy.  Any chain is too great a burden for a free man to endure.

Should my prayers go unanswered, as they often do, I will do my damnedest to ensure that every link you forged will be around your ankles when the noose is about your neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.