12 April 2012

On Second Thought

I have examined the situation carefully and I have decided to disarm.

Simply put after the Zimmerman case is tried it will be defacto illegal to defend myself.

Better to die.

If I successfully defend myself I'll have tens of thousands of dollars of debt to lawyers.

If I die, my family gets paid insurance.

With that metric, how can I in good conscience save my own miserable life?  I would be ruining my family's life with the crushing burden of debt.

I will also be avoiding the racism tag.  Notice that white victims of minorities are never called racists?  The only good white man...

4 comments:

  1. Depressingly true, bro. Thanks, as if my day wasn't crappy enough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno, I'm just bitter enough and antisocial enough to say "Yeah, you ruined my life, but guess what? I'm still alive. No amount of money and jail time will ever bring back your family member. And if you kill me, I go to my God with a clean conscience, and you STILL don't get your husband/son/brother back."

    Of course, I don't have a spouse or children to care for, so that gives me certain latitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot, shovel and shut up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, on the other hand I have a spouse. Certainly if it means she could get hurt from an attacker that changes the odds too.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.