10 April 2012

Racism

Since racism is a hot topic of late with Trayvon Martin getting killed and Derbyshire getting fired.

Let us suppose.

I can see the calls for violence leading to a race war in the US.

I can see an end result of that war being the return of Jim Crow or something like it (perhaps even worse).

I can see a world about thirty to fifty years after that where people start to wonder that perhaps we should treat blacks like people again.

I can see people saying, "we tried that, look what happened when we took our boot off their necks."

I can see people saying, "oops, my bad," and letting the Jim Crow II continue.

I will weep if this comes to pass.

I do weep because I have no control over it starting.  Racists are in the driver's seat.  Racists who are not white but we can't call them that and as long as we can't they get to drive the damn bus straight to Hell.

1 comment:

  1. What the blacks consistently forget is that they are at most 1/8 of the population, heavily concentrated in urban areas (outside of the South, at least) and have no allies other than white liberals. Hispanics (Mexicans, Central Americans, and Cubans) generally detest them. Even immigrants from Africa look 'way down on American ghetto blacks; when I was working at Wal-Mart, I worked with some of them and what they had to say about ghetto blacks would have had David Duke turning as white as his sheets before running for a notebook to write the best stuff down.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.