15 April 2012

Well, Are They?

Tam and Roberta have asked this recently.

I had the same response to the whole McCarthy hearings.

You hear, time and again, about how relentless Joe was about hunting down communists, but Hollywood never seems to answer, "Was he right?  Were they communists?"

Um.  Yes.  Yes they were and he was right.

The House Un-Umerican Activities Committee hearings were the first place I noticed Hollywood lying to serve it's own agenda.  Sadly it was not the last.

Then, as now, I ask; Well, are they?  I stood watch and fought against communism, I would like to know if we've been infiltrated and the moles exposed and drummed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.