22 January 2013

Trust

A while back I had a reason to think that my life specifically was in danger.

It turned out not to be true, but the reasoning was sound.

While the perception of the threat existed I put my Glock (unloaded) in a gun-rug and that went into my gaming bag.

While gaming at a friend's house I, being a good gun owner, let them know I had a gun and would leave if it bothered them.

They said it bothered them a bit, but it would be OK if we put the whole gun-rug in a cabinet behind the GM.  Reasonably readily accessible if my fears turned out to be well founded.

We played our game, had a good time and while we were packing up to go home, I went to the cabinet to retrieve my pistol.

It was no longer there.

During a bathroom break my "friends" had hidden it further.

It was returned after asking, of course.

On the way out I said, "you will never be told I have a gun on me again."

They were genuinely confused.

"What would have happened if I'd needed it and it wasn't where YOU promised it would be?"

You lied.  You betrayed my trust.

I stopped gaming with those people and eventually stopped being friends.

I got talked into gaming with them again later, but the GM made such a screeching deal about teh evols of assault weapons I offered him an experiment.

He agreed.

I took my Mini-14 with the folding stock, bayonet lug, flash-hider, pistol grip and 30 round magazine; attached the bayonet, chambered a round, put on the safety, popped open the bipod and set on the floor facing the basement wall.

The experiment was that the rifle would not shoot anyone as long as nobody touched it.

Guess how that turned out...

1 comment:

  1. I would have gone a step further and asked them to kill me with it.

    Seems that "Assault Weapons" make killing "Too Easy", but those who quote that seem to have a distaste in committing wanton acts of murder.

    Their argument is invalid!

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.