DISCLAIMER

No good can come of reading the contents of this blog.

Viewing or use of this blog or any contents or links contained herein by any person or entity within the confines of the states of Arizona and/or Tennessee is prohibited .

Violators of this policy agree to hold the owner of this blog, its contents and all links contained herein, harmless to any harm or offense taken or perceived.

Permission to use any content on this site is explicitly denied to Robert Farago, his family, his friends, his associates, his pets, and his employees and/or employer and/or their employees either in part or whole.

08 January 2013

Who Won The Game

I don't fucking care.

As far as I am concerned it only matters to mouth breathing idiots.

I can see football as something that might be entertaining.

What's ruined football as entertainment for me is the fucking fans.

Did I see the game last night?  No, I didn't.  You can stop with the play by play recap, I CHOSE to not see the game.

blink blink

Stop telling me about the game.  I did not see it because I didn't want to and don't care one way or the other who won.  The constant chatter about the sport du jour when I know that we have something in common to talk about pisses me off.

I don't watch:

Football (except for the Super Bowl and then only for the commercials which have been going downhill for a while)
Baseball
Hockey (despite playing in High School)
Basketball
Golf
THE ENTIRE OLYMPICS (even the shooting portion if it's even televised)

I just do not care about sports.  I never really have and I never will.

I am a fan of motorsports but I don't go out of my way to watch it or plan around when it's scheduled.

I've decided to start talking about something that I know they don't care about but that I know down to minutiae.  Like the graduation of airspeed indicators in WW2 fighter aircraft and is using knots superior to using miles per hour...

2 comments:

  1. Hot damn. I know what you mean about these mouth breathing sports fans. We have several at work. Every night if there is a game on, they have it on the radio. I just tune them out. Like you, I just don't care. I think money is what ruined football. All of their special rules so the overpaid primadonnas don't get hurt.

    I do watch a little baseball. The tigers were in the world series and watching or listening to them brings back a lot of memories of Sundays, under the big oak out in the yard with my Dad. And the occasional NASCAR race.

    Other than that, yep, I could give a fuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be on to something. Maybe I should start talking ballistics, bullet drom and minute of angle at work. Might be fun.

    ReplyDelete

Try to remember you are a guest here when you comment. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention.