01 October 2006

OK I Am Getting Fed Up Now

I am mere inches from learning what I need to learn to write my own damn flight sim.

I have been frustrated in Wings Over Vietnam's lack of mid-air refueling becuase my favorite plane, the F-8E, seems to run out of gas really fast. So I looked up what I needed to do to add anachronistic drop tanks. So with an extra 600 gallons of gas I should be good, right? I am. But foolish me, I go and look further into the .ini file and find the values for the fuel. They are really detailed. Detailed and WRONG! The fuel quantities are in liters and are on average 50% of the actual amounts.

So I changed them.

Now I wonder how far off the other planes are...

Here's what I want:

Aerial refueling. Both probe and drogue and flying boom.

Functional meatball on the damn carrier. Why is this so damn hard?

Functioning LABS. Another dirt simple item that nobody bothers with, but every cockpit has the indicator (non-funtional).

Accurate field of view from the cockpit. Again, this should be simple! And getting this right means that landing and refueling will be possible.

Carrier ops. This will be hard. Gotta have the dudes on deck doing what they do. And for realism you have to have the parked planes too. And to really do it right, you'd have to have the Ouja board running too.

Start ups, taxiing and parking too.

For two seaters, like the F-4 have the guy in back be useful! In a dogfight he does stuff like look out the window and scream warnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.