03 February 2008

Voting

Last Tuesday I held my nose and pulled the Romney lever.

In 1988 I voted for Bush Sr because Dukakis really offended me with his tank stunt.
In 1992 I voted for Perot. Sure seemed like a good idea at the time.
In 1996 I voted for Dole. I was sick of Clinton.
In 2000 I voted for Bush Jr, because I was sick of Clinton and Gore was a continuation of that.
In 2004 I voted for Bush again because I Kerry is seriously offensive to me as a veteran.
I will not vote for Hillary because I am sick of Clinton. I will not vote for McCain because he seriously offends me. I think I could survive a Romney or Obama presidency. Not going to vote for any of the four, but I think I can survive two of them.

This time I will not vote for a candidate I don't really like to prevent a candidate I really dislike from getting in. The Republicans have used up all my fear of the Democrats by doing pretty much all of the things they warned me the Democrats would do if elected.

I remember saying at the time that I sort of hoped that Gore would win so they could really ruin the country and we could get the bloody revolution over with sooner.

I know a lot of people who don't live and breathe politics, and they are constantly commenting on how things are "wrong" with our government. These are people who are asking me about what kind of guns (note the plural) they should be getting. I am getting the impression that this is the real majority out there, politically unaware but willing to ignore DC as long as DC left them alone.

Immigration pandering and the stupidity about lightbulbs woke quite a few up. Most of them have noticed that there's hardly a difference in the two party's candidates.

This could be very good for America that they are waking up, but it could also be very dangerous. They have noticed that nobody represents them and they are asking about guns. Didn't this nation start on a similar note?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.