04 March 2008

My Father

I was reading Ravenclaw Eric's Journal about his friend whose father was disappointed in them. While this didn't lead me to associate my behavior with Draco Malfoy, reading it did remind me of something.

My step-mother's brother, Evert (pronounced EE vert), was an approval seeker to his father. Nothing he did was ever good enough. On one occasion, Evert purchased a Harley Davidson over a brand he preferred because his dad liked Harleys. My father explained to me what was going on and said something to the effect of, "Nothing is ever going to be enough, he should quit trying to please his dad and do what he likes."

I am absolutely certain my dad doesn't remember saying that.

I have not attempted to contact him since Father's day 2007 when it became apparent that he would never approve of my life or how I live it. He has not attempted to contact me either.

Yes, it has taken me this long to get over the hurt to mention this out loud. 2007 is the year I lost both parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.