20 March 2008

My Side's Specious Argument

This is a fact, it is not in dispute: Persons who obtain a concealed carry permit are the most law abiding members of the society they dwell in.

This is certainly true. It has been proven time and again. It means what I said, that the kind of person who bothers to get a carry permit is also the sort of person who obeys the law.

What that does not mean is if we expanded conceal carry to everyone, all the additional people would be just as law abiding. While they might be just as law abiding, the people who have permits now are not a viable predictor of the behavior of the larger group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.