24 July 2008

eBay Motors

I surf the car listings a lot.

Not that I intend to buy, but to me it's fun to look. I've always liked window shopping.

I've noticed many sellers are really car dealers. These dealers have some, um, draconian conditions to the sales. All of the restrictions listed are on the buyer. I don't think I want a car that bad, thank you very much. Especially since the cars I look are are on the spendy side. Dude, you should be thanking me for plunking that kind of change down on your car, not making massive restrictions and time tables about how I will be delivering those funds.

Especially since I would be a cash buyer. No, I don't want to transfer $500 via PayPal within five business days. How about I bring the entire agreed upon amount physically to you within five days? No? Why must the first $500 be PayPay. Why must the balance be in certified funds that must be transferred to you before I can come over? Why are you so shy about taking cash?

Then there are those that demand positive feedback from you before you take possession of the car. Um, no. You want positive feedback, provide a positive experience. Don't hold me, and my purchase, hostage. The feedback ratings are a proxy for trustworthiness on eBay, so it's not surprising that a seller would want positive numbers, but it's far better to be a good seller than to force people to lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.