07 July 2008

More Heller

The mayor of DC doesn't seem to have registered that the Supreme Court said handguns without qualification when stripping the ban. That really does mean that he can't stop banning revolvers while continuing to ban semi-automatics.

The common use language of the ruling supports my position as well.

A side note to every one of my friends that called me paranoid, irrational or delusional about what kind of "people" are out to ban guns; I told you so. Mayor Fenty's behavior is exactly what I expected.

What I want to know, since this is justice delayed, is what recourse a gun owner has against the politicians that have been denying our civil rights, and continue to violate them now that it is established that it is, indeed, the civil right I have been claiming it was all along?

If we were talking about speech and racism, we'd call it a hate crime and I would be able to sue his balls off. I think it's time that we used this ruling not just to repeal unconstitutional law, but to sue the politicians who have been actively denying us our unalienable rights! Mayors Fenty, Daley, Bloomburg; Senators Schumer, Harkin, Boxer, Feinstein... Everyone who voted for the AWB and the President who signed it. There's no statute of limitations on rights violations. Do not attempt to say that since the AWB expired I don't have a claim. "I only kidnapped him for a little while." is not a defense. "I only raped her once, and I stopped," is not a defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.