14 July 2009

SEALs In Nigeria

I recreated the story from "Tears of the Sun" and put it in February 1968.

Tim and FuzzyGeff used their characters from my last trip up and we had a new addition, Justin. He'd never played GURPS before, but picked it up right quick. He is also a good fit with the small group we have.

Things were a little rocky Sunday night for our first session. Tim and I were rusty from lack of gaming and Justin is kinda new to it. Everyone but FuzzyGeff had barely played the 4th edition rules, and even he has not played it extensively.

I missed telling the players a couple of plot points and they missed me telling them some that mattered.

By last night though, I was doing much better and everyone was more into their characters.

All in all, I am happy with how things turned out.

There's even a chance we'll play again before I head home.

PS I also need to remember to call Eric.

PPS And charge my damn phone so I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.