18 December 2010

Hypocrisy

Hypocrisy: the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform.

Hypocrite: a person who indulges in hypocrisy.

I am extremely touchy about being accused of being a hypocrite.  The reason, I think, stems from failing to live up to the standards I set for myself for so long.  My behavior for a long time is what I would consider to be immoral today.  Breaking those habits was not easy and I failed a great deal.

I am not sure I was a hypocrite because I believed in the morality I espoused and recognized my failing as being wrong; and I tried to make amends when I fell short.  But my actions were not in accord with my beliefs.

I am a better person today than I was then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.