21 May 2009

A Dee Lightful Tale

This is Dee, The Lovely Harvey's 10/22 International.



I added my ancient Aimpoint 1000 to her because the iron sights suck, hard.


The tale of Dee is bittersweet. Harvey originally bought her to give to Orca Shitheel for his 14th birthday. It was given to his dad, Dumbass Fuckwad Shitheel, in trust until Orca Shitheel was old enough to take it for himself. Before Orca Shitheel turned 18, Dumbass Fuckwad Shitheel was convicted of the first of several felonies. So Dumbass Fuckwad Shitheel sold his guns and we insisted that Dee come back to us because it was not Dumbass Fuckwad Shitheel's to sell. He agreed.

We put some conditions on Orca Shitheel to take possession. First he had to take some sort of firearms safety class. Second he had to purchase some sort of locking cabinet if he was going to keep it at home with his kids.

Orca Shitheel completed step one by finishing Basic Training. That's the class I took, so I can't insist he take more. Harvey took the Florida mandated concealed carry class; which is more. Not asking for anything we don't do ourselves. Orca Shitheel never completed the second. Again, we am not asking him to do anything we are not.

Right after Orca Shitheel got out of the Army he got in our faces about his gun. "Got that cabinet?" we asked.
"No! Why should I need one? It's MY gun!"
"Sorry, but it's our gun and we said that we'd give it to you if you met certain, small, requirements before we gave it to you. You have not completed the second, small, requirement, so the gun is not yet yours. Since you are being so petulant about it (Harvey really said petulant!) we withdraw our offer to give it to you."

So we kept it. Harvey named her Dee in honor of Orca Shitheel who has named each of his five (5!) children with a name beginning with 'D'.

The Aimpoint has a happier story. I bought it in 1990 just because something like that was cool! I mounted it on my Mini-14 in a B-Square mount. When I dumped the Mini, I kept the scope and put it on my Entreprise L1A1, when I sold that to Anglave, I sold the scope to FuzzyGeff to mount on his Bushmaster M17S. There it sat on the Bushmaster for years until FuzztGeff sold the rifle. I suggested he sell the scope to Marv and Marv mounted it on his AR-15. It didn't suit Marv, so he replaced it with some cheap Chinese Airsoft clone of a EOTech 553. I offered to buy it back from him and it is now on Harvey's 10/22, a Ruger like the Mini-14. It's also on a B-Square mount. Almost like it's gone full circle.




21st-May-2009 07:34 pm (local)
Some would say, I am just a Bitch that way:)

21st-May-2009 08:47 pm (local)
If that clown wants a rifle so bad, and doesn't want to meet your simple, reasonable requirements, let him go buy one out of his own money. As it happens, I don't have a lockable cabinet...but the last time a child was in my house was when my brother came to visit, and that wasn't for very long (and his mother and grandmother were watching like hawks).

22nd-May-2009 12:49 am (local)
The real reason he wanted this rifle so bad, at the time, was so he could go pawn it.

He didn't really want the gun so much as the money it would bring. Don't think that didn't color The Lovely Harvey's decision in the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.