26 July 2007

All Linux All The Time

Ubuntu is installed on the desktop now. There was a scary moment when the boot order made the screen fill with repetitions of "GRUB".

Got it sorted out through some very counterintuitive means.

Both the laptop and desktop retain their XP installations. This is really a familiarization with Linux than a full-on conversion.

The desktop, being a much more capable machine is showing me more of the promise of Ubuntu than the laptop is showing of the Xubuntu. For one thing, Open Office works fine on the desktop.

Ubuntu is an odd mix of Mac and XP. I think I like it, but I have only just gotten my toes wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.