28 January 2008

I Just Can't Seem To Leave Well Enough Alone


None of these rifles have the same upper receiver they were delivered with. The carbine in the center has the upper that was delivered on the carbine on the bottom. The carbine on the bottom has the upper that was delivered with the rifle, on top. The rifle has the upper that was delivered with the carbine in the center. At one time, the rifle has worn all three, delivered with a flat-top, swapped for the C7 and swapped again for the A2.

There's a reason for all of this. I wanted optics on my carbine, bottom, and the C7 upper is not conducive to that end. So I needed a flat-top. I've wanted a 20" for a while, so I ordered that kit with a flat-top and then swapped the uppers when the rifle kit arrived. Last night I was showing The Lovely Harvey that I had installed an A2 aperture into the C7 handle and she expressed a preference for the simpler rear sight. So off comes the A2 upper on her carbine, middle, and on goes the C7; leaving the 20" with an A2 rear and looking very much like an M16A2 now.

The Lovely Harvey's now has a strong resemblance to the CARs used by Tom Berenger and Willem Dafoe in Platoon, and she thinks that's really cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.