08 April 2008

Well I Am Glad That's Over

It's caused some stress here at home, and I must apologize, but the holes are filled. The die had been cast and the Rubicon crossed... Thanks for being tolerant of the obsession Honey!

I sold a lot of my guns to pay bills in the months before moving to Florida.

Thanks to the inheritance, I have replaced them all. With upgrades in all the niches really.

The Mini-14 has been replaced with Kaylee.
The FAL has been replaced with Dottie.
The FIE Titan has been replaced with a Colt Junior.
The .45 Colt Anaconda has been replaced by the same and supplemented with a .44 Mag.
The M-1911A1 has been replaced with a Springfield M1911-A1 GI.
The Brazilian M-1908 Mauser is sort of replaced with a Remington M-1903A3. I originally bought the Brazilian because I wanted a nice Mauser type rifle. The 03A3 is the pinnacle of the military Mauser development.

The SIG and .44 are the only real additions to the pile since the inheritance. The .45 and the Junior are actually pre-inheritance guns, paid for with my stipend from the VA.

I know it's hard to understand why those niches getting filled was so overwhelming. If I had sold them because I was tired of them, there would have been no feeling of loss to eliminate. I feel no such feeling about the Polytech M-14S, Enfield No.4 Mk.2* or Daewoo DR200 I sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.