18 September 2008

Well Well

Looking at the stock market lately, I am SO glad I foolishly bought a Corvette instead of "intelligently" left the money I got from Mom's 401k in the REAL-ESTATE WEIGHTED portfolio she had it in.

I have a car.

For some reason there was a residual $640 left in all the various funds and stuff. There's $90 today. That means that I would have just $20k left in the account if I had left it alone. The Vette is definitely worth more than $20k!

If my mom was still alive, this would have ended her retirement.

Please do not make comments about what gubmint entity caused this mess. There's enough blame for both parties in the public sector and the private side is not innocent either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.