03 September 2009

Honduras

Being a Constitutional Originalist and supporter of the Standard Model, I support Honduras' right to follow their own constitution and laws regarding their former president without interference from my government.

Their president broke the law and violated their constitution by attempting to create a path to re-election. Their supreme court and military took action as required by their laws and constitution and ousted him.

The thing that makes me most sad about it is the people in my government advocating the ousted president's return don't realize that they are just demonstrating the contempt they have for the rule of law. I don't think they understand what constitutions are and what they mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.