05 April 2011

Blame

While we're tossing blame about over the Koran burning...

Some obscure preacher in Florida burns a Koran.

This has an effect half a world away and some UN personnel are murdered over it.

Who told them?

My next door neighbor burns all sorts of things in his burn barrel.  I suppose a Koran could have ended up in there; but I have no idea because he didn't brag about it and nobody ran to transmit that he had to the third world just as fast as the photons could be bounced off the satellite.

The media giving Rev Jones the spotlight is why the dark-age people of Afghanistan were even aware of the burning.  If they'd ignored Rev Jones there'd have been no word to send.

BUT.

Rev Jones' little stunt killed nobody.

Telling the locals in Afghanistan killed nobody.

The locals killed someone and for the flimsiest of reasons.  Even more barbaric, they didn't even take out their anger on the person who offended them; they attacked people who had nothing to do with the burning at all.

This is why we should not bother with the place below 30,000 feet MSL.

That MIGHT be a terrorist camp, there's two bricks touching... GBU-31 on the way.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

To deal with things in a civilized manner, there has to be a civilization on both sides.  A society is not necessarily a civilization.

I support the M.I. answer.  I support the Curtis LeMay method.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.