27 July 2012

Defective.

It seems that my AR is also defective.  Weer'd, Miguel, and Thirdpower are having problems with theirs too.

Dottie is just one feature shy of having all of the evil AWB parts.  I have a muzzle brake instead of a flash-hider.  But I have a bayonet lug (mit bayonetten), threaded muzzle, barrel shroud (free float fore-end), detachable box magazine (25 rounder shown), pistol grip and a collapsible stock.

Even though they are not Evil-Baby Killing-Assault-Weapon® Features I also have a light and Red-Dot-Sniper-Scope®.

All on a semi-automatic AR variant that shoots a more powerful round (6.8x43mm) than the basic 5.56x45mm.  I've even included a small portion of my ammo supply in the pic.


Why is it defective?  Because I have not had even the slightest urge to go out and murder anyone with it!  Maybe it's the caliber?  I mean 5.56 is the premier Evil-Baby Killing-Assault-Weapon® round, right?  That makes Kaylee even MORE defective because in addition to having all of teh Evil-Baby Killing-Assault-Weapon® Features she is chambered in 5.56 AND has the even EVILER™ SHORTER THAN 16" BARREL.  Or does the NFA registration remove the evil mind signals?  The Lovely Harvey's ARs, Cheyenne and Kevina, are BOTH 5.56x45mm fully featured Evil-Baby Killing-Assault-Weapons® and she has not murdered anyone (and she lives with me so she's got motive).

How is it with lots of these things in the house I manage to remain calm and not go on a murderous rampage?

Unless it's not the guns at all but the person who owns them that matters.

2 comments:

  1. But does it have a grenade launcher?

    Sure muzzle grenades are difficult to find and NFA items, and I'm sure you'd need to buy a special star-crimp die, as I suspect that 6.8 blanks are a bit hard to come by.

    Still the ABILITY to launch a rifle grenade IF you ever acquired all those rare components makes the gun SUPER deadly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In general if your muzzle device is sized to accept an M16 bayonet you can use it to fire rifle grenades.

    I don't think that I've even read about a blank for 6.8 let alone a grenade launching round. Launching rounds have a lot more pop in them.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.