13 July 2012

In Happier News

iTunes has got the director's cut of Lawrence Of Arabia.

Three hours thirty six minutes of David Lean's best work.  Returned to the proper presentation.  1080p on my big machine's monitor is SWEET.  Far better than the DVD of the altered version I previously owned.

This is far and above one of my favorite movies.

It's also a source of regret for me.  Alec Guinness apparently despised Star Wars fans gushing all over him about his role there.  I'd always wanted to tell Sir Alec that I'd first seen him in Star Wars, like so many others, but that lead me to look for his name on other things and that lead me to films like Lawrence of Arabia, Bridge Over the River Kwai and The Ladykillers.

2 comments:

  1. It took you THAT long to find Lawrence of Arabia? My folks both loved that movie; my dad was a history buff and I'm not sure why my mom loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I wasn't allowed to stay up late enough to watch it until I was like 12. Then since it was like four hours long on the late-late show it was only shown like once every five years...

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.