09 August 2012

Discussion

Something at a commenter once got wrong about something I posted back on LiveJournal.

I am not posting here to discuss an issue.

I am hoping to discover solutions to the problems I talk about, or if they are unsolvable; mitigations to the problem.

I tolerate, "you're incorrect, here's why" much better than devil's advocacy.  Devil's advocacy always seems to lead to an unending argument with the much loathed moving goal-posts.

You may notice that my blog is rather poorly sourced.  Well, it's not a doctoral thesis.  It's just my educated opinion and I reserve the right to change my mind about anything I talk about.  Perhaps even from being convinced.

If you're trying to convince me I am wrong, please do so in your own words and don't copy-paste someone whom you think is spearing me.  I ask this because I am typing this all out, and the damn volume from copying is hard to absorb and rebut.  It rapidly degrades into a case where I don't read the reply because it's too dang long to digest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.