03 August 2012

Save The Ta-Ta's

Finally got the pink stocks that came with my donation to breast cancer research charity.


They were offering your choice of grips for your S&W revolver, grips for your Colt revolver, or a furniture set for your AR.

Originally they were going to buy the S&W grips from the S&W's supplier; Uncle Mike's.  It seems that Uncle Mikes no longer makes grips and it's been embarrassing for them to track everyone down and see if Hogue's pink stock would be OK.  This has taken them almost a year!

Camps, of course, formed over the matter.  Many folks were saying, "don't care if I ever get them, the donation was the point."  My camp was, "the donation was the main point, but send me grips when you get it sorted out."  Then there was the "You promised us genuine S&W stocks and you WILL get them!"

They tried really hard to make it happen for everyone, communication was pretty good about it.  Eventually they had a vote via email and you could take the Hogues now or wait until S&W filled their large order.  I took the Hogues just to end the matter.

This is my summer carry gun, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.