28 April 2013

Color Coded

Because 25-round 6.8x43mm magazines are externally identical to the 30-round 5.56x45mm ones; but not interchangeable, you have to come up with a fast, easy way to tell them apart.

So I went with putting colored electrical tape around the magazine base; blue electrical tape.  It gives both a visual and tactile clue about what magazine you are using.

Now that Tabitha is dressed in purple, I've got some violet electrical tape for my magazines.



I wish I knew how to set my camera to consistently capture the color of the furniture.  The violet of the tape, in this photo, is how the handguards look in person.  I don't know why the camera makes them blue!

Edit:

I might not know how to make the camera do what I want, but I can make Photoshop!  Here's the same picture as above with the hue adjusted to look right.


1 comment:

  1. Well, you can lead when the SHTF, because that's certainly gonna be noticeable ........;-D

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.