08 April 2013

Cosplay










I've taken a bit of crap about the Brony thing.

I stumbled across these vids.

THESE are my people.  They are me, I am them.

I don't have a costume or the money to go to cons, but I would!

I've never seen a K'zin at a con...

I've always had an urge to dress up.  I loved theater!  I was very active in the SCA until the ugly group politics finally touched me.  Reinacting would almost seem to be a great fit for me, but it's entire too much like being back in the fucking Army.  Besides, my crippling injury is real enough to knock out of the real Army, enduring that much pain for fake Army seems idiotic even for me.

The issue with cosplay is not fear or desire but choosing an outfit that a fat bald late 40's gimp can pull off.  There's a lot more freedom in making a character of your own design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.