04 October 2014

Sneaky Underhanded And Downright UnBritish (UPDATED)

The "last" of the century series...

F-117A Nighthawk



To be super complete I'd include a picture of an F-4C and call it an F-110A Spectre...


By the way, have I ever mentioned my F-117A conspiracy theory?

It dawned on me when I saw the cockpit arrangement of the plane the Smithsonian was going to hang from the ceiling.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/070705-F-1234S-005.jpg

The instrument layout wasn't early '80's; it was mid-'70's.  Very similar to what was stylish when the F-111A and F-14A were coming off the line.

Couple this with a rumor that the F-111A fleet sent to Vietnam only flew at night and managed to drop more ordnance than hard-points and the anachronistic designation of the Nighthawk...

The F-117A's first combat use was over Vietnam!  They only revealed it because the aviation press was getting too close to the far superior F-19A, which is still secret.  Obligatory "through the looking glass" mention!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The story they tell of the development of the F-117, that's the F-19 story. In a wild-ass conspiracy, it's important to mention "they" a lot.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.