09 June 2012

Player Characters Don't

I sort of specialized in military role playing when I was playing regularly.

Twilight 2000 was my first venture, in both original and GURPS conversion.

I've run many campaigns since where the party are soldiers or mercenaries.

One constant throughout: No player makes a character with a belt-fed gun willingly.  The rest of the party may force them into it, but they never do it on their own.

They are heavy, the ammo is heavy and they are expensive.  So nobody wants to lug one around.

GURPS even has rules that make them a better idea than an assault rifle.

I have broken convention by making a character for a friend's SEAL game, he's carrying an M60.

Take that players!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.