08 March 2013

Bad Plans

Kel Tec has a new, very bright, light out.

Erin has reviewed it.

This image scares me.


This picture apparently comes from Kel Tec themselves.

What the heck are they thinking?

When we grasp something our fingers all want to grasp together, it takes a small amount of brain to say, "not the index finger".  Squeezing the button on the light will cause a sympathetic squeezing of the trigger.  Under normal circumstances, it will be easy to override that impulse and get a no-bang.  But add a little adrenaline and all that will go out the window as stress attack such fine motor control.  New meaning for the term "flash-bang".

Never mind how that pistol is going to be flipping up with such a crappy grip.

Erin shows us how to use this light on a weapon;


Solidly mounted and operated by the off hand.

Personally I don't think it would suit me as a weapon light, but it looks dandy as a stand-alone or for use opposite handed with a pistol that doesn't have a light.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, that grip ain't gonna work, I try both hands as much as possible, there's no way to hold it, the way I hold it..........Fail.........

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.