12 March 2013

Content

Burned some CD's for the 6-disc changer.  Since it can play mp3 files, I've quite a lot of music in there actually.  An irksome bit is stuff that I've paid Apple for must be burned to audio CD's instead of a smaller format like the mp3 or wpl that the owners manual says works.  I've not sacrificed a blank disk to see if the Apple default m4a works.

Plus the 3.5mm aux port still allows for the iPod.

I was feeling pretty satisfied and then I discovered that I could change the clock to read in 24 hour time!

For some reason I just prefer 24 hour time.  The nav side of the DNX-8120 could show 24, but the media side couldn't.  It really bugged me too.

Now I am contented with the stereo that came with the car.  It only took me five and a half years...

I think I got caught up in a combination of "ooooh, shiny" and "grass is greener" with the nav unit.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been in the Air Force for 25 years but I still use the 24 hour format for my watch. If I could get my alarm clock to display it I would.

    I guess I stuck with it after serving 4 years in the USAF because I worked graveyard shift. Helped me keep the time of day straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned this clock in the Army and never put it down.

    I've got a non-24 sleep disorder. A 24 hour clock makes the morning/afternoon split instantly obvious when I wake up.

    In a car the amount of light makes it more obvious, but...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why can't you convert them to mp3?

    iTunes has the option to convert mp3.

    Just google "itunes to mp3"

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get a message: SONG could not be converted because protected files cannot be converted to other formats.

    There's a shit-ton of "how to" for iTunes that does not apply to the current version.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.