10 March 2013

OEM Day One

Things are just different today than when I picked up the car in October 2007.

Since then smart phones have come into their own.

The phone, while I have service, is every bit as good for navigation as the head unit.  I miss the larger screen and the phone is hard to see in the day.

The aux input still works, so I didn't lose the iPod.  In fact, running the iPod from the iPod is better than from the head unit because Apple is better at interfaces than Kenwood.

The OEM radio has an automatic volume adjust that compensates for road noise, I'd forgotten how nice that was.

The controls for the radio on the steering wheel work again!  Either there was something wrong with the Kenwood or the adaptor I'd bought.

I find that I really prefer a volume knob to buttons.

I find that I really prefer a tuning knob to buttons.

The CD player can hold six CD's and can play mp3's.  I think the iPod might not be needed for much once I burn a few disks for the car.

I'm losing the ability to watch a DVD or video from the iPod.  Not a big loss since I rarely did either and my iPod can't play many of my newer movies anyways, must be a resolution issue or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.