22 March 2013

Gone Shootin

Dropped a precious box of ammo through the .38 Super and part of a box through the Anaconda.

.45 Colt is super light shooting in a gun with a six inch barrel designed for .44 Magnum.

Again I am just amazed at how good Colt can do with a trigger when they want to.

However, this is a story about the neighboring lane.

At 7 yards I was making one large hole with either gun.

My neighbor was all over her torso target.  She was clearly, and vocally, becoming frustrated that she was not printing nice tight groups.

I almost offered to help but...  I think my groups are what began the frustration.  I get the impression her buddy wasn't much better than she was and my shooting proved that it was possible to do much better.

Her shooting buddy was trying to help, but what he was telling her wasn't registering.  I dunno; he wasn't offering bad advice, I just think that she didn't understand what he was saying.  She definitely wanted to learn, and was angry that she wasn't.

I feel like I should have stepped in and paraphrased what he was saying to see if it helped.

The best news about her was she kept excellent muzzle discipline and was a very safe shooter.  She just needs to figure out how to be more accurate.

She also didn't seem like she was frustrated to the point of giving up.  I think she'll keep coming back until she gets it sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.