09 March 2013

Reminded

I am reminded, again, how easy it is to completely nuke someone without realizing it because you've forgotten how you learned it.

I'm self taught about a lot of things because I had nobody who could teach me.

One nice thing about that is you get to see things as they are rather than filtered through the prejudices of others.

That doesn't mean you don't make your own as you learn, but you get to make them honestly.

I've always been a technophile, I love the whiz-bang.

Strangely I'm also a traditionalist.  Mostly because the old is often proven out by time testing.

I rarely have the money to be an early adopter, but I also rarely summarily dismiss new tech if the idea is sound.

I'm an early adopter of red-dot optics.  To me polymer was the way of the future.

Yet I carry an all steel single-stack pistol while the Glock sits in the safe.

Most of my AR's have no rails at all!

It is easy to lose track of why someone might do what they do.

Some are goals oriented, the end result is what matters.

Some are process oriented, the goal is secondary.

Some have the process forced onto their goals, they have to take things one step at a time.  The goal may be compromised by the process, but it's the only path that gets near it.

Some discover goals among the processes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that deep, I stay away from deep, it starts making me crazy after a short while.........;)

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.