08 May 2015

No Ocho

Between us, I think we could have gotten to "Once de Mosin"...  Maybe "Trece de Mosin."

The problems are that we'd run out of room to make a decent photograph of the collection and we're just adding additional M91/30 to the stack.

Maybe next year...

Do one a day all month!

Send me a picture of your Mosin's dear readers.  An overall shot and one of the barrel shank markings so we can do a write up of which version it is.  With notes for low wall round, high wall round or hex receivers for the 91/30's.

This is a case where you don't get to say, "I don't have a Mosin," there's no excuse to not have one!  If recoil averse Marv and perennially impoverished Erin can afford one, you can too!

My plan will be to order them by the date on the barrel shank.

Send your pics to McThag at gmail for El proyecto Mosin.

8 comments:

  1. No joy here. Had one and unloaded it pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I know you're lying; you can't unload one quickly with that bolt design... :D

      Delete
    2. True and clever. Pretty quickly could also be measured using a sun dial. ;)

      Delete
  2. When I get a spare moment i'll send you my fave, maybe you can figure some stuff out that has eluded me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got the m/28, m/39, m/91, M1944g, and M91/30. I'll try and get good photos of them to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy dance! Might be another Finn m/91 soon if bidding goes well.

      Saw a US marked NEW M91 at a local shop. Intact, numbers matching, NEW marks where they belonged. Strong bore with plenty of shine left. Bargain basement priced at a mere $1,899.

      Delete
    2. The owner of the shop has agreed to let me take detailed pictures on Monday.

      Delete
  4. I bought mine with money earned from working the 2010 Census.

    I found the irony MOST appealing.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.