27 September 2005

Taxes

Being a minarchist, I view the government as a necessary evil.

But it seems like we do taxes all wrong. Property taxes are punitive for owning something. Income taxes are punitive for working. Sales taxes are punitive for spending. Capital gains taxes are punitive for successfully investing. Inheritance taxes are, in a way, punitive on saving. Why on earth would I want to own anything or get a job to buy it? Especially when I can get paid tax free to be dead broke.

The message is "I see that you are supporting the economy, bend over."

And no, I have no solution to this problem. But it would sure be nice to know that the Shitheels no longer devoured my total tax contribution every year. It makes me feel like I am not getting the things that I feel the government is legitimate in supplying. Like roads, fire departments, police, military, post offices and stuff like that. But handing Dumbass, Crackwhore, Escapee, Orca, Childbeater, Illegit, Ashamed, Hopeful plus the two Totally Clueless' and their spawn $5-7k a year EACH just for not having a job and porking out kids? This way of doing things means that there are two families using the legit stuff without contributing to their maintenance. My family's contribution is negated by the redistribution to theirs, and they do not contribute.

And to what end? That earned income credit helped Dumbass' kids so that they could escape and become productive members of society, right? Actually, no. All three of his sons are following his template. Fuck, marry, lose job, divorce, welfare, and dead-beat on child support. And to think, if we had just let Orca, Childbeater and Illegit STARVE and put Dumbass and Crackwhore in jail for not feeding their kids we would have broken the cycle. And this is not the only example of this that I can put names to. (cough) Thunder McThighs (cough)

How many generations on the "help" before we admit it failed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.