02 August 2008

Critical Mass

I've been reading about the antics of Critical Mass, a group bicyclist who've decided that they must inconvenience and terrorize motorists to get their point across.

Among the things they want is a tax break for people who ride their bicycle to work. Guys, you already are. You are not paying for the road when you aren't paying for gasoline. Don't cop the, "I buy gas for my car and..." either, the gas in your car is paying for your car's use of the road, not your bike.

I believe in share the road. I don't run bikes off the road. I give at least a half a lane to them when I pass. I don't pass unless I can give that kind of clearance.

The key phrase here is SHARE. I've even looked up Florida's law about bikes. Bicycles are to treated as any other vehicle, EXCEPT; they shall stay as far to the right as practicable and shall travel in single file when there is more than one. Critical Mass travels in packs that take up the entire lane.

One poor Subaru owner (not in Florida) was assaulted when he discovered himself in the midst of one of these packs.

Again referring to Florida's laws; one may respond with deadly force if one is in fear of ones life or great bodily harm. Attempting to run a car of the road is an example they teach in the CCW classes. I predict that Critical Mass is going to try their normal BS someplace like Orlando (normally a very liberal area) and one or several of them are going to end up dead. And they will discover that if the police rule it to be a legit self defense then there's no lawsuits for the deceased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.