13 October 2010

A gaming note.

The H&R T223 pictured below was selected by the player to be a little different and because the rifle had 40 round magazines.  Extra capacity is a good thing and since the game was set before 30 round mags became available for the AR this was a sensible decision.

It's also a munchkin decision.

It's also the real reason.  A few of these were used by SEAL Team 2 in 1968 and the users cited the larger magazine capacity as their reason for choosing the T223 over an M16 despite the weight penalty.

Edited to add pictures to make what I was saying clearer.


H&R T223 on finished figure:

The making of an H&R T223 from an H&K G3A4, H&K MP5 and Walther Mkb.42(W):
First I needed a stock: which the MP5 provided.


Then I needed a rifle body.  The G3A4 is actually a tad too long and the handguard here is the later type instead of the more squared style that would be correct.  I am not talented enough to take 2.1mm off the length of the gun and change the contour of the handguard.  However, when you see it in person, the illusion is convincing.


Finally I needed a magazine: provided by a smashed up Maschinenkarabine that was in my parts bin.
Then I assembled.




3 comments:

  1. In the previous post, which is below.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I am confused because in that post you call it "a clone of an XM177E2", while in this one you call it "The H&R T223".

    Or am I even more confused than that?
    I don't see any post with a picture labeled "H&R T223".

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.