18 January 2011

Fully Featured Assault Weapon


It's got all the banned features!  Collapsing stock, pistol grip, detachable magazine, bayonet lug, threaded muzzle, flash-hider and grenade launcher.

Grenade launcher?

Yes, Troubleshooter, grenade launcher.

That's a NATO compliant M16A2 flash-suppressor screwed onto that threaded muzzle.

It's nearly as useful as the bayonet lug (which can't be used because the muzzle is 1.5" too far from it).

If I were to find someone willing to sell me a NATO spec rifle grenade, I could fit it to my muzzle device and fire it.  After I filled out an ATF form 5320.4, paid a $200 transfer fee, and passed an extensive background check I could, in theory own the Destructive Device known as a rifle grenade.  The companies that manufacture them do not sell them to individuals.  Last time I checked, that included sales of even the inert practice rounds.

The only rifle "grenades" I have ever seen for sale are the inert practice rounds for the spigot launcher attachments for the M1903 and M1 Garand.

I don't know why "grenade launcher" was included in the assault weapon ban, but it sure wasn't ready availability.

2 comments:

  1. Is it full-auto?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it were select-fire or full-auto the number of assault weapon features would be irrelevant.

    It would be an assault rifle, not an "assault weapon".

    It would also have cost about 20 times as much...

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.