06 September 2011

What If

The media is biased.  I think there are plenty of examples most everyone is aware of, so I won't present more here.

I posit that if the media had done as thorough a job of vetting the Democratic candidates as they do Republican ones we'd likely not have gotten President Clinton in 1992.  There would not have been a groundswell to create a third party, so Perot would not have been a serious candidate.

Two terms with George Bush Sr would have meant someone completely different would have been elected in 1996, and in 2000 I seriously doubt there would have been traction for George W Bush's campaign.

The press' job is to report!  I would not mind the bias so much if there were media as biased against the Democrats as the present media is biased for.  Then we could count on all the candidates getting their dirt exposed to public scrutiny.

What if...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.