06 April 2014

Disaster!

Took FuzzyGeff's AR, Olga out to the range to finally zero her scope.

The laser bore-sighter I'd bought had the windage dialed in, so it just took a few clicks in elevation to get it dialed in at 25 yards.  The 20" 1:9 Del Ton chrome lined barrel really likes the Double-Tap M855, by the way.

Then I dropped the rifle on the concrete floor of the range.  The table was too short to set the gun on the bipod like I had it, and it fell.  My fault for not securing it properly.

Put about a 15˚ kink in the scope tube on the objective end.

Well, shit!  I owe Geff a scope.

It was a 4-12x40 Bushnell Sportsman.  A discontinued 4-12x40 Bushnell Sportsman.

If I recall correctly, this scope originally came from Wal Mart and was on Marv's 20" AR.  When he decided he'd rather red-dot and have a 16" the scope was sold to Geff.
Double shit.

I guess I need input about what a good replacement would be.  The 4-12x40 Bushnell Banner seems to be identical and still in production with mostly positive reviews.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say that I'm liking the Nikon Prostaffs I have, but after perusing Opticsplanet.com I'm seeing the Bushnell seems to be less expensive.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.