25 September 2014

Rifles From Lands Of Ice And Snow From The Midnight Sun Where The Hot Springs Flow


Top, Finnish Kiv-28/30 by SAKO.
Bottom, Swedish Gevär m/96 by Carl Gustav Mauser.

Willard scored on that Swede.  Numbers matching, bore looks very nice.  The only thing "wrong" is there are tapped holes on the rear of the receiver for a Lyman sight.

NOT a Lyman.  One of these rear sights!



I won't say how much, but if I wasn't saving to fix the puppy's tooth (and begging for help) I could have gotten it.

2 comments:

  1. I have a 6.5x55 Swede Mauser I bought a looong time ago at a drug store (well, think more like a drug store that's a tiny Wal Mart, iirc it was Kresge's) for $100. It's probably my favorite rifle, the action is as slick as the day it came out of the factory. Everyone who shoots it loves it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw a Norwegian Krag in the original caliber for sale at a gun show. If I ever win the lottery, you know where you'll find me...

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.