15 December 2008

Bit Of A Scare With My Camera Today

I took some pics of my soon to be SBR lower. To upload the pics to Webshots, I have to remove the SD card from the camera and put into the card reader on my monitor.

All went well until I tried to put the card back into the camera. It would not lock into place!

Hoping that it might have been the card, I tried another, no luck.

Despair started to set in, I really like this camera.

We found that the only local place that even hints that they will work on a Canon Powershot S5IS has a flat rate of $136. Eeep.

Marv suggests that perhaps the door will hold the card in far enough that the latch isn't required. No joy.

I offer to sell the remains to Marv to help mitigate the cost of the new camera I am sure I will have to get now.

He says that he'd prolly do, "cheap like fill in the battery door in an attempt to hold the card in far enough" Hmmmmm, I think, that's not a half bad idea. I stick the card in to see how far it needs to go and "click" it locks.

Odd, I think.

Marv suggests shaking the camera with the door open and see if anything comes out. A small sliver of plastic does. It's the divider from between the contacts on the SD card! Not sure how that got broke, but it did and fell out.

Things seem to be fine now.

Oh, and the pics came out good too:



I added The Lovely Harvey's upper to it so that we could get an idea of how heavy the finished gun will be and to have a time-stamped indicator that the gun was in a pre-ban configuration before any ban is instated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.