20 October 2012

Confession

Personal time!

I've made the claim that I stopped riding because of the idiots surrounding me on the road.

That's not true.

The reason I quit is because I can't rely on my right ankle to take weight.  It will on occasion just fold under me and over I go.  On foot I can almost always keep myself from falling.  It only takes one or two times on a bike to convince you that perhaps your motorcycle days are through.

Hey, it only took me fifteen years to admit it to myself.

Then another five to go public...

I do miss it though.  I loved riding.

2 comments:

  1. That sucks! I feel for ya!

    Wife went through the same thing when her Epilepsy started getting worse, she didn't want to admit it was getting as bad as it was.

    Thankfully she never had to learn the hard way. She's met people who decided it was time to give up driving when they came to on the side of the road with a tree sitting against their firewall...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the street a bit but I miss the dirt more. I keep overheating and can't stay cool. Quitting smoking has helped regulate internal temps and heart-rate better, but now all my buddies have moved back onto the street instead of the dirt, and my bike doesn't (can't) have a street-plate. And I can't afford another bike.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.