30 December 2014

White Power

Have YOU ever attended a White Power rally?

I have.

Did I attend because I was seeking fellow racists to share my feelings of racial superiority with?

No.

I attended because I was a conservative seeking fellow conservatives to share my feelings and ideas with.  They invited me because they'd heard what they wanted to hear about my feelings on the Randy Weaver situation.

And it was presented to me as a "meeting" of fellow conservatives.  In fact the people who invited me hid its true nature all the way up to the private sit down with the guy in charge where I learned it was the Jews using the blacks... something something.

Where I went wrong was trusting someone to be honest with me.  They weren't until the private sit-down.  Almost as if they knew that nearly everyone would not agree to attend unless some subterfuge was applied.  Almost as if they knew they were wrong and that they should be ashamed.

Mere attendance at a single rally is nothing to be condemned over, I've seen how you can be tricked into that initial meeting.  The proof is in continued attendance and support; the support portion is a lot harder to prove than the initial meet.

I remember feeling the same way about "have you ever attended a communist party meeting?" questions from the McCarthy era.  One meeting to see what's going on does not a joiner make.

1 comment:

  1. Technically, it's not a meeting unless a gavel is struck to open and close the meeting and minutes are transcribed. Otherwise every time Bill Ayers and Barack Obama got to gether for coffee it would be a Communist party meeting.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.